<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I'm using RedHat 9 and Samba 3.01rc2. I'm working through the Samba Howto on
LDAP but I've no experience of LDAP and I'm struggling to understand what is
needed.

I would suggest you spend some time learning LDAP before trying to combine
it with Samba.  LDAP has its own learning curve.

You could try setting up a simple address book with LDAP so that you can
learn how it works.

I don't think you will be able to trouble shoot problems even if you
successfully set up Samba with LDAP now.