        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Sahibzada Junaid Noor
        Sent: Wed 24/12/2003 22:02
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: [Samba] info required

        Hi,

         ok i was told by my teacher that the newer version of samba i.e. version 3
will be a perfect clone of  active directory and it will have all the features that
active directory domains have.

        so tell me if this is true. can a samba version 3 server act like a ACTIVE
directory based windows domain controller?

        and also if u can tell me that the domain policies defined by a windows active
directory domain controller will remain undisturbed if it is replaced by a samba
server.

        like if i was restricted from accessing the networl folder of one of my
teacher which contains the question paper for  tomorrow exam , will i still be unable
to access it
        or the permissions will go crazy and i would be able to access it.

        plz inform me more about how the concept of a active directory domain and
permissions have been incorporated or not incorporated into the new version of samba

        waiting for ur replies

          Sahibzada Junaid Noor
          Ph   #  (+92) (051) 5950 940
          Cell #   (+92) (0333) 5223586
          Qazi plaza,Third Floor,Commerical Market,Chaklala Scheme 3,
          Rawalpindi
          Islamic Republic of Pakistan