On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 12:02, Rodrigo Schmidt Nürmberg wrote:
> How can I allow the password change for just a few groups?

Currently there is no official implementation of the 'user cannot change
password' flag that NT4 and Win2k have.  This is implemented as an ACL,
which we do not currently support on user accounts.

However, some people have played games with a 'passwd program' and 'unix
password sync'.  There is no need to actually change any passwords in
the script, but if you cause it to exit(1), it will cause the password
change to fail.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]