On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 09:12, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> Samba version 2.999+3.0cvs20020906-1 for Debian
>
> Somehow the Samba password is aging and is requiring a reset once a
> month for a couple of users.  I can't see anything in the man pages to
> indicate that the passwords age, so how is Samba doing it, and how do I
> stop this behavior?

By not running such an old version of Samba.

Current versions of samba in debian use smbpasswd by default (will keep
tdbsam if you upgrade however) and do not have the 21 day password
expiry.

pdbedit allows you to see into the tdbsam.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]