On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 18:54, Collen wrote:
> Hmm.. samba works fine as an PDC server.
> you can also consider Mysql as back-end..
> we've got a simular situation, and used mysql as backend..
> and it works quite fine, (still got sime band-with left)
>
> we even have a account printing system hooked up with the user
> database..
> and are using samba as domain logon server, file server, printer
> server.. and monitoring system (web based..)
> so yep it's all possible..
>
> adding user in bulk is possible.
> also if you wish to use samba as pdc + bdc, mysql or ldap is a good
> choice..
> (using ldap as a 'MUST' coz' of bdc isn't true.. mysql can do the job
> as well !!, just need to sync your passwd database to..)

Only if mysql supports something that allows the BDC to write to the
master database.

This is why LDAP is the only solution I know of that allows the BDC to
correctly write to the master database.  It can look like it works, then
it breaks quite badly...

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]