Hi all,

I would like to print text in a very special format which can be achieved only by sending some PCL-Commands to the printer before sending the data itself. The lpoptions options for text-mode printing aren't sufficient for this.

Currently the jobs are sent to a cups raw printer witch sends it to an old Solaris machine with HPs JetAdmin, which offers the necessary options to get the correct format. Finally JetAdmin sends the job to the printer. This works for now but I would like to get rid of the now historic Solaris machine...

Can cups send the PCL-Commands without foreign help somehow?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Christoph