On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 01:13, edd payne wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 Feb 2004 2:10 pm, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
>
> > root# /usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc join -S PDC -U Administrator
> >
> > The proper response to the command should be: Joined the domain DOMAIN
> > where DOMAIN is your DOMAIN name."
> >
> > There is no DOMAIN in the command.
> >
> > What is the correct command that I should enter instead of this?
>
> AFAIK it pulls the domain from the workgroup= parameter in your smb.conf

Actually, it asks the remote machine (the -S PDC) what it's domain name
is, and joins that.  If you don't specify -S, it will join the PDC of
the domain in smb.conf.  If you specify -w DOMAIN, it will join that
domain (agian, by finding the PDC).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]