On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 03:48, geralds wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried to log in on the Samba server as a  normal user but failed . The
> followingKDE error message displayed out;
>
> "could not read network connection list
> /home/<user>/.DCOPserver_linux-server_0
> Check to see if DCOPserver program is running"
>
> ANYbody to help me out of this problem?
> Thanks.
> RGDS,

smbfs does not support many things that are needed on a 'unix'
filesystem.  This includes sockets.  Likewise, the server must have unix
extensions turned on.  I think there is work in both smbfs but
particularly the CIFS VFS to allow this to work better, but really
between unix hosts, NFS (or derivatives such as SFS) provides better
semantics

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]