Hi,
I have sucessfully installed an ad-integrated samba server. We mainly use the server for printer sharing and are very happy with it. We only have one problem or missing feature:
On a Windows Server, you change the name of a printer, so that it is different to the share name. We use 8-letter sharenames for being compatible to old Win9x-Clients, bbut we would like to have logner, more comprehendable names for our Win2k/XP users. The printer name on Windows in the Properties under the general-tab; the textbox next to the printer icon can be altered and pressing ok saves the new name on the server.
I tries to track the problem, and it seems like windows saves this name under the value "printerName" in the "DsSpooler" Key. rpcclient doesnt support a "setdataex" command so i changed the value manually in the ntprinters.tdb. But this had no effect!
Is there any opportunity to change the printer name on a samba server?!

Christoph Klein