I'm trying to setup Samba to function like a regular XP box connected to a workgroup. In that I mean that there is no password to browse or to connect to certain shares. Just like an XP box in Workgroup mode. Just connect and go. I have tried using various combinations of public = yes, guest ok = yes, and guest only = yes with no luck. No matter what I do I'm prompted for a password on the XP boxes. Using the smbclient with the -N flag works however. What am I doing wrong?

-- David Russell