On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 17:28, Clint Sharp wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>

> We're considering a SUS deployment.  What are you (or others on the
> list) doing to push the policy to tell the clients which SUS server to
> pull the updates from and when?  From the Microsoft documentation I
> read, it appears this is best achieved through GPO, which is obviously
> not an option with a Samba PDC.  I've considered using regmon to see
> what changes GPO writes and adding these to a login script (using runas
> and sanur to install the settings from the login script, like we do for
> most everything that requires admin privs), but I was hoping someone had
> already solved this problem.  Ideas?

NT4 System policy.  ADM file attached (based on, and significantly
extended from a forum post I found somewhere).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

CATEGORY "Policy for SUS (Local Windows Update)"

        POLICY "Options"

        KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU"
                PART !!NoAutoUpdate CHECKBOX
                        VALUENAME "NoAutoUpdate"
                END PART

                PART !!NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers CHECKBOX
                        VALUENAME "NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers"
                END PART

                PART !!AUOptions DROPDOWNLIST
                        VALUENAME "AUOptions"
                        ITEMLIST
                                NAME !!AU_2             VALUE NUMERIC 2
                                NAME !!AU_3             VALUE NUMERIC 3
                                NAME !!AU_4             VALUE NUMERIC 4
                        END ITEMLIST

                END PART

                PART "Scheduled Install Day" DROPDOWNLIST
                        VALUENAME "ScheduledInstallDay"
                        ITEMLIST
                                NAME "Every Day"        VALUE NUMERIC 0
                                NAME "Sunday"           VALUE NUMERIC 1
                                NAME "Monday"           VALUE NUMERIC 2
                                NAME "Tuesday"          VALUE NUMERIC 3
                                NAME "Wednesday"        VALUE NUMERIC 4
                                NAME "Thursday"         VALUE NUMERIC 5
                                NAME "Friday"           VALUE NUMERIC 6
                                NAME "Saturday"         VALUE NUMERIC 7
                        END ITEMLIST
                END PART

                PART "Scheduled Install Time" NUMERIC
                        VALUENAME "ScheduledInstallTime"
                END PART

                PART "Reschedule Wait Time" NUMERIC
                        VALUENAME "RescheduleWaitTime"
                END PART

                PART "Use WUServer" CHECKBOX
                        VALUENAME "UseWUServer"
                END PART

        END POLICY

        POLICY "Server"

        KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate"
        PART "Updates Server (http://)"
                EDITTEXT
                VALUENAME "WUServer"
        END PART

        PART "Status Server (http://)"
                EDITTEXT
                VALUENAME "WUStatusServer"
        END PART

END POLICY

END CATEGORY

[Strings]
WindowsUpdate="Windows Update"
RescheduleWaitTime="(RescheduleWaitTime) After failing to update, how many minutes to
wait (1-60)"
NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers="(NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers) Allow users to defer
reboot?"
NoAutoUpdate="(NoAutoUpdate) Disable automatic updates?"
AUOptions="(AUOptions) Automatic update mode"
AU_2="(2) Notify of download and installation"
AU_3="(3) Automaticly download and notify of installation"
AU_4="(4) Automatic download and scheduled installation"