Thanks for asking Paul.

I decided to see the error message of a net ads join -U admin would be and got: can't find realm. Edited krb5.conf changing kdc = server.fsklaw.net to kerberos.fsklaw.net. I then joined the domain, and in Windows 2000 the computer Linux is their with Opereating system 3.0.3.

However, krb5kdc.log says:

Cannot find/read stored master key - while fetching master key K/M for realm fsklaw.net.

Also, it appears that winbindd will not start. I'm very new to Redhat, so while I have a modest UNIX (BSD) background, I'm a bit of a fish out of water on the Redhat box, so be gentle ;-).

Thanks again Paul

TMS III
Paul Gienger wrote:

Have you done any kerberos setup? Whatever steps you have taken there would be helpful as well.
Also, take a look at TOSHARG chapter 6:
http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/howto/domain-member.html#ads-member

Tom Skeren wrote:

O.K. well no one has responded to any requests for help yet. Maybe I'll get lucky this time.
Switched to the Red Hat web server. Configured 3.0.3 --with-ads. Do net ads testjoin, system response:

LINUX@'s password: (type pass) (response)
[2004/05/07 09:49:11, 0] libads/kerberos.c:ads_kinit_password (135)
kerberos_kinit_password LINUX$@ failed: Malformed representation of principal
Join to domain is not valid.

What have I got wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TMS III