Hello all,

I read in the smbmnt man page that:
"A setuid smbmnt will only allow mounts on directories owned by the user, and that the user has write permission on."
I am trying to set up a mount on /mnt/laptop. I have given my users 777 permissions on the directory, but it is owned by root. Is there any way that I can work around this. It appears from the man page that smbmnt will only work where the users have write permissions and own the directory. Has anyone come up with a way around this -- or does it offer some security benefit that makes it worthwhile. Thanks!

Lance Dial