I'm not that nice to my users. ;-) They get what I give them, but nothing stops you from doing this

[share]
   path = /home/some_directory

[Pretty share name]
   path=/exact same as above.

Never used volume. Could be a bug in the version your using.

undergra wrote:

Change [share] to [anothername]. Seems simple enough, I can't see any
reason to not do this.

the reason is by the users. For administrate and mount shares i use short names, but for users is more pretty use long names. For example, the share [homes] on windows is more pretty see the text "My Disc", "My home", "my personal files" etc. than "homes"

The parameter "volume" do this but not works

undergra wrote:

The 'volume' parameter works fine? I would like
change the share name on windows but not works!

The share:

[share]

      path = /home/unipost/barcelona/industria9/admision
      volume = anothername
      writeable = yes

When i try to mount "share" windows shows the name
"share" and not "anothername"

Anyone help me please?

thanks!