If your clients have a network drive, you can leave the Desktop on that drive and exclude from roaming profile.
You need to change registry key (via policies or logon script), for exanple to:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders > Desktop; REG_SZ ; H:\PROFDATA\Desktop

Or via policies you can exclude Desktop from roaming profile;
Or you can set disk quota on storage where roaming profiles are located;

Gints

Michal Kurowski wrote:
Adam Tauno Williams [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'd like to ask you what do you limit Desktops syncing in case users
put large files on them, e.g. films.

Downloading / uploading such large files can generate lots of
unnecessary traffic. Is there any kind of filtering possible ?
Other solutions ?

Via policies, just like with a Windows DC.

Could you please elaborate ?

The only thing I could find is the windows "Slow network" setting
supposed to disable network share checkout in case of slow network,
timeout, etc. There is a registry setting enabling enforcing "slow
network" for good.

Samba has got "csc policy", but frankly, I do not quite get how to use
it. Could provide some clue in here ?

Thanks,