Hi,

I am working on a product that collects information about what is
happening on the operating system.

I was wondering if the information provided by the smbstatus command
is available in a programmatic way?

The reason for asking this is that I have access to several systems
using samba and each one is running a different version and I have
seen two distinct formats for the data.

If there is no programmatic way to find this, I have looked at the
man pages and have not seen anything. Does anyone know how many layouts
have been used by this command and if so what versions they changed at?

Thanks in advance.

Phil Dodd
Computer Associates
Software Engineer