Samuel Partida wrote:
Hi there, we had some problems with that issue, i know it is covered and i solved it with veto file = /*ktop.ini/ etc...

But now i'm thinking about it again, it's because Windows XP saves some metainformation in some hidden files, one of them is desktop.ini, which is very annoying because notepad is opened on every user session, but, there is another file, thumbs.db, it becomes visible on remote shares and roaming profiles.

The following line is from one of the emails from the thread the other day regarding this. I don't recall anyone saying to use 'veto file'.

hide files = /desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.*/

--
Andrew Gaffney
Network Administrator