I have 2 printer queues setup on my samba 3.0.6 NT4-style PDC. About a month ago, one of them stopped working due to an issue with CUPS. After restarting CUPS, printing to that share was giving Access Denied. From a windows box, I was able to add drivers and set default print settings as a domain administrator but I still couldn't print. I created a new printer share pointing at the same CUPS printer with the same configuration and the new one worked.

In my smb.conf snippet below, the non-working printer share had the same settings as 'jetdirect' but with the printer of 'minimike'. 'jetdirect' has never given me a problem and 'minimike' worked from the moment I created the share. The current 'minimike' settings are scaled down from what it was when I first created it. Can anyone think of a reason why this would happen?

[jetdirect]
        printer = jetdirect
        comment = Hallway printer
        printable = yes