your profiles problem.
If you use acls please make sure that your filesystem also support acl's. That's take me a while :-)

bye Erik

--On Wednesday, October 20, 2004 01:12:33 PM +0100 Mac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:21:36 +0200
From: Felix Knoblach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Samba] Re: Samba as PDC - Can't get user profiles to save
properly

Hi,

I'm still sitting fighting with this problem here I mentioned a little
while ago.

I'm running desperate on a problem with my windows user profiles here, searched the net and read the docus alot but still no luck.

I've got an running Samba domain, an existing windows 2000 machine can
log into the domain properly. Furthermore, a test account is made
aswell, and the 2k machine is able to log in with that account. Now, my
problem is: When I try to change windows settings (like switch active
desktop to "on") or delete/rename icons from my desktop, log out and in
again, all changes are undone like they've been not saved on the
server.  But if I create new icons on the desktop and relog, those are
still there.

This doesn't sound quite like the problem I had, but it's work checking.

This all starts here:-

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-April/084023.html

and ends here:-

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-September/092379.html

and basically it's to do with a bug in the Nvidia Display Driver
Service.  You can either disable the service ('startup - Manual') or
upgrade the drivers to a version with the fix in them.

If this issue doesn't affect you, then I'm sorry.