John H Terpstra wrote:

One of the most common criticisms I hear about Linux and Samba deployment concerns the matter of how to roll out new desktop configurations using controlled mass roll-out methods. I have bumped into companies that what to deploy up to 3000 machines in one hit this way.

This issue has been raised with increasing frequency over the past 2 years. That is why I am keen to document a good method in the official Samba docs.

All submissions of working methods that anyone is using to solve this mess are most welcome. I'll summarize them into the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.

Mass roll-out of many clients can be used using Unattended (unattended.sf.net).