Robert S schrieb:
You are using samba 2.x.
I don't know about recycle there, sorry

I'm actually using samba 3.0.8. What makes you think that its 2.x?

Is there anything in my config that's right for 2.x and wrong for 3.x??

It is the way of your config that made me believe your are still using 2.x.
In 3.X an additional config for recycle isn't necessary. And the | as a seperator stopped working (but could be reintroduced, don't know about 3.08)

Part of my smb.conf:

[raid1]
        comment = 1
        path = /raid1
        read only = No
        create mask = 0777
        directory mask = 0775
        delete readonly = Yes
        vfs objects = recycle
        recycle:keeptree = Yes
        recycle:repository = .Papierkorb/%U
        recycle:noversions = *.doc *.xls *.ppt
        recycle:exclude_dir = /tmp
        recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.temp *.o *.obj ~$* *.~??
        recycle:maxsize = 0
        recycle:versions = Yes
        recycle:touch = Yes