Hi,
no, because you need the "x" permision in order to "enter" the diretory.
Maybe I need to install the ext3 ACL in the kernel.

Oliver

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

I wonder if it is posible to write a VFS module to block the listing of directory in a share?
The files inside the directory should be accesible for read/write operations, but should be able to list the files in the directory.
Is that posible?

Can't you do this exact thing with UNIX filesystem permissions? Remove the "x" permission from the directory.

-- Oliver Schulze L. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>