Chuck Theobald wrote:
Hi Mark,

You may be able to reduce the size of your log files by an appropriate setting for log level in your smb.conf file, somthing like "log level winbind:0" may work. Also, the messages point to acl usage, are these enabled on your system?

I'm not using winbind. Do these log entries relate to winbind? As I said, it only occurs for one user. I'll try setting the winbind log level to 0 as you suggested.

If you mean does the system support posix acls, then no. This is a standard Fedora Core 1 system and I'm using the Fedora rpm version of samba (from Fedora, not from Samba). I do have "nt acl support = yes" in smb.conf.

Thanks