I setup my samba sever to use ldap as a backend for authentication I can
connect to the ldap directory using ldapAdmin from windows xp and diradmin in
FC3 and administer the ldap directory but when I issue a command from the
teminal window ( smbpasswd -a test I got the following error.

ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 1
try
ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 2
try
ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 3
try
ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 4
try
ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 5
try

How can I resolve this problem.

Thanks
alton