Hi Eric

I shouldn't need to to that, i already have a "admin users = @domain+itgroup" entry in the smb.conf.... effectly does the same thing but much sexier.

thanks

I could be missing something, but it sounds like your problem comes
from the UNIX side of the server.  'administrator' would have to be a
UNIX user with permission to rwx those directories.  e.g. you could
create a new group 'administrator,' make all the home folders owned by
<username>and 'administrator' group with 770 permissions.  Make
administrator a member of administrator group (add to /etc/group) and
he should be able to rwx. I think?