Il 23/12/2004, alle ore 18:28, Adam Tauno Williams ha scritto:

> The connections have been idled out,  this is normal Windows 2000
> behaviour.  There are many articles about changing the value or
> disabling the 'feature'

This can be changed or disabled only in Windows servers, AFAIK, which
indeed have a default idle value of 15 minutes or so. This should not
happen with Samba, and the fact that Bart experiences the problem right
from boot up confirms that this is a different problem.

Bart, do you have the problems on ALL (how many?) Win2000 machines you
use?
I also had the problem on a particular Win2000 machine in the past, it
seemed to be due to the installation of Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum.
Now I'm having the same problem on another machine which does not have
that program installed (although it does have a CD writer), and I suspect
it's due to a somehow faulty network card, I'm going to try replacing it.

--
Ciao,
  Marco.

..."Have a Little Faith", Bill Frisell 1993