I'm running Samba 3.0.7 on Mandrakelinux 9.2 as a PDC, with a few shares from the PDC and more on a separate Mandrakelinux 10.0 member file server, also running Samba 3.0.7. The passdb backend is LDAP and clients are all Windows XP Professional SP1. Except for the below, everything works great!

We make heavy use of offline files, and with Windows XP SP1, all is well. However, when I install SP2, something breaks with the offline files sync operation - there is a ~60 sec. delay and I'm not sure the syncs even happen. Domain logins, mapping drives, browsing, etc. all seem OK with SP2.

I am planning to update to Samba 3.0.11 when it is released, and have held at 3.0.7 not seeing any fixes since then apparently relevant.

FYI, below are two tcpdump -vv outputs, each syncing a single folder from the share \\pdc\software. The client is 'dblack-pc'. The dumps were taken in exactly the same way, differing only in which SP is installed. I can uninstall XP SP2 and things go back to normal. The Windows firewall is disabled in both cases.

http://jamsoft.com/~dave/samba/sync-sp1.txt
http://jamsoft.com/~dave/samba/sync-sp2.txt

Of note are many MAILSLOT operations on the sp2 dump, but none on the sp1 dump. In both cases I just started the dump on the server, then on the client clicked synchronize on the offline folder. Also, to explain - 192.168.10.230 is a floating IP address of 'pdc' and 192.168.10.193 is the machine's primary address 'aptos'. I have communications occur on the .230 address so it may be migrated between physical machines using heartbeat/DRBD, which so far works fine for all other functions. Hope that's not a factor in this problem.

Last, here's my smb.conf file:

http://jamsoft.com/~dave/samba/smb.conf

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I've scoured the net and this list for clues, finding nothing substantive. This issue is so far is a show stopper for me to roll out XP SP2 at work.

Dave