Hi,

with samba 2.2.12 a user was able to connect to a share with his local
smbpasswd if he had no user on the password server. I updated the samba
server
to 3.0.11 and this is not working anymore. I kept the config files and the
smbpasswd file. The smb.conf man page describes old behavior, but if the
password server rejects the password the connection gets terminated
with  NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE.

Is there anything I have to change in the config? The smb.conf is an old
version from the beginning of samba 2.x, but it worked fine until now.

Any ideas?

Ralf