Greetings, I have a home network setup with a broadband router sharing a
connection to a MDK Linux machine and an XP Pro machine.  The XP box is setup
as master.  At first I could access the xp machine from the linux box only.  I
changed the smb.conf file and uncommented the [tmp] section and could access
that directory from the xp box.  Now I can't mount the shared directories on
the xp machine from the linux machine.  In the smb4k window, when I double
click the shared directories on the xp machine, the icon pops up on the right
for a moment, then disappears.  I had a wireless router, but I changed back to
my regular broadband router and now I'm getting a username/password prompt when
trying to access the linux machine from the xp machine.  I tried uncommenting
the guest user lines in smb.conf and this didn't help.  I downloaded Ethereal
yesterday and followed the directions step by step at samba.org and still can't
get things to work right.  I've googled time and time again, I've posted in the
linux newsgroup, I'm about out of gas here.  Do I need to just start over?  Any
help would be appreciated.

Kevin A.