Steve Cohen wrote:

Now, Craig, to your point about security=USER being as good a choice for me: I'm ready to try this. Can you explain how it would work for my family users who don't at present log on with passwords? (they are using XP). Do they fall under the guest user as they do with security=SHARE? I don't remember, I set this up over a year ago, but I have a feeling I tried that and it didn't work. Is there some other setting I would need to change in order to get that working?

Steve

security=USER map to guest=Bad User

That turns out to be all I needed to get printing from all computers.
Thanks for all your help.