Jeremy or Nathan,

Jeremy Allison wrote:

Ok, I have a working theory for this. It concerns ACLs and what happens when excel wants to update the filetime on a file the user doesn't own.

Normally you just set the "dos filetime" parameter to allow this (this causes a timestamp to be updated on a file if you can write to it - normally POSIX only allows this if you're the owner). I've
realised the codepath here doesn't check ACL semantics. This is a bug
we've had since we introduced ACLs a long time ago but only now seems
to have been triggered.

Here is a patch to the just released 3.0.13 that causes ACL entries to be properly checked when "dos filetime= True" has been set.

Please try this on top of 3.0.13 and let me know if it fixes the issues.

Has this been confirmed, as fixing it? I am rolling a 3.0.13 maintenance release and it would be nice to clear this excel ACL bug. What is the bugzilla entry for this bug, so I can follow it?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

--
Urs Rau