I have a billing database that runs on a Faircom engine. I had set things up initially with users accessing files in this directory with their user accounts. However, only one person could enter data at a time. I then created a seperate share for this directory and did a force user= on it. I had thought that this worked, but of course users never bothered to tell me that after a short period of time the problem reemerged. I'm wondering what other tricks I might use here to eleviate this problem.

The server is a LDAP PDC running 3.0.10. smb.conf. Tabs3 is the database directory

global]
workgroup = FSKS
server string = Camarillo
interfaces =
obey pam restrictions = Yes
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://
log file = /usr/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50
acl compatibility = win2k
map acl inherit = Yes
server signing = auto
add user script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -a -m '%u'
delete user script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-userdel.pl '%u'
add group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupadd.pl -p '%g'
delete group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupdel.pl '%g'
add user to group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl -m '%u' '%g'
delete user from group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl -x '%u' '%g'
set primary group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-usermod.pl -g '%g' '%u'
add machine script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w '%u'
domain logons = Yes
os level = 33
lm interval = 5
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes
wins server =
lock spin count = 4
ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=fsklaw,dc=com
ldap filter = (&(uid=%u)(objectclass=posixAccount))
ldap group suffix = ou=groups
ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
ldap machine suffix = ou=computers
ldap suffix = dc=fsklaw,dc=com
ldap user suffix = ou=users
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
admin users = tms3
inherit permissions = Yes
inherit acls = Yes
write cache size = 262144
dos filemode = Yes
dos filetimes = Yes

[camarillo]
path = /usr/home/camarillo
read only = No
create mask = 0777
force create mode = 0777
force directory mode = 0777
guest ok = Yes
[www]
path = /usr/local/www
valid users = root
read only = No

[Profiles]
       path = /usr/home/camarillo/open/Profiles
       read only = No
       guest ok = Yes
       profile acls = Yes
       hide files = /desktop.ini/

[tabs3]
       path = /usr/home/camarillo/open/STI_Remote
       force user = root
       read only = No
       create mask = 0740
       force create mode = 0740
       force directory mode = 0740
       directory security mask = 0740
       guest ok = Yes
       veto oplock files = rmtfee.dat, rmtfee.idx