On May 16, John H Terpstra wrote:

On Monday 16 May 2005 19:01, tom burkart wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am wondering what the likelyhood would be to get a "delete machine
script" implemented in the samba core that would delete a machine upon
successful un-join of a samba domain.
Alternatively, why is this not a good idea?

How do you plan on creating the SMB/CIFS transaction that would delete the account? Have you used ethereal to check what commands unjoining a workstation from the domain passes over the network?

What is wrong with manually executing:

net rpc user delete machine\$ -Uroot%secret
Sorry, you seem to misunderstand:
When the machine is detached from the domain (with the above command), what I want is Samba to execute a script that deletes the appropriate machine name from the LDAP directory.

tom.