Basil Copeland a écrit :
On 6/6/05, Joris De Pooter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello people,

taken from
http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/samba-bdc.html#minim-bdc

Can Samba Be a Backup Domain Controller to an NT4 PDC?

No. The native NT4 SAM replication protocols have not yet been fully
implemented.

Can I get the benefits of a BDC with Samba? Yes, but only to a Samba PDC.The
main reason for implementing a BDC is availability. If the PDC is a Samba
machine, a second Samba machine can be set up to service logon requests
whenever the PDC is down.

I don't understand what this means.
I have a NT4 PDC and a NT4 BDC : they are on a different network.
The BDC is old and i'd like to upgrade to Samba3.

Do you think it is possible or not ??

What it means is that if you want Samba to be a BDC, then the PDC has
to be Samba also.  So, no, it is not possible, as long as your PDC
remains NT4.

Now with this said, I need to reconsider the project (meaning, also upgrading my PDC)...

Anyway, thank you for your quick reply :)

--
Joris De Pooter