Benjamin,

I made the suggested correction (and another one that I should already have done: create the /scripts directory and put the login.bat into it--doh), and there's improvement. Now I get an NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME error. That's a separate problem that I need to work, and I think I know what's causing it.

However, I still need to run under a different smb.conf (and hence the network name problem) because with the smb config file I attached earlier, I still can't run smb services.

Attached is the testparm output, still reflecting no (syntactical) errors.

Thanks for your help.

Eric Hines

Benjamin Biel wrote:

Hi Mr. E Hines,

check following typs in your conf.

- logon script = scripts\login.bat
+ logon script = \scripts\login.bat

Besfor make testparm and send me your srenn, then i can help you better.
--

He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man
I ever met.

Load smb config files from smb.conf.example3_4
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[IPC$]"
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[profiles]"
Processing section "[accounts]"
Processing section "[backups]"
Processing section "[apps]"
Loaded services file OK.
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = DOM_TEST
        interfaces = eth1, lo
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        pam password change = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*Password* %n\n *Re-enter*new*password* %n\n
*Password*changed*
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        unix password sync = Yes
        log level = 1
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m
        max log size = 50
        smb ports = 139 445
        name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
        time server = Yes
        printcap name = CUPS
        show add printer wizard = No
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m '%u'
        delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r '%u'
        add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd '%g'
        delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel '%g'
        add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G '%g' '%u'
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d /tmp '%u'
        shutdown script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/shutdown.sh
        abort shutdown script = /sbin/shutdown -c
        logon script = \scripts\login.bat
        logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
        logon drive = X:
        domain logons = Yes