Make that smb.conf [typo sorry]

Kevin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Samba] filtering user files

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lonnie Cumberland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 7:42 PM
Subject: [Samba] filtering user files

Hello all,

I think that this is probably an easy question so I hope that I will be able to get a quick response.

In our users directories, there are a number of "dot" files and folders and I was wondering if there was a way to tell Samba not to show them when a user is in their directory? Maybe some sort of file filter perhaps.

thanks
Lonnie

Hello

Check the man page for xmb.conf. There is a directive 'hide dot files'.
I was testing this last week on 3.0.14 and I still saw hidden dot files from the client [XP Pro] which had folder_options>views>do_not_show_hidden_files/folders
enabled.
Check it out and let me know how you do.

Kevin B