Jim Shanks wrote:

I have the following in my configuration file and recycle is working for
the share but
 - versions is working as I expected
- touch does not seem to be changing the time on the files to show me
when they were deleted
- keeptree does not work when there are multiple users within a share and
prevents the recycle from working in some cases.
---- if user1 deletes a file everything works fine.  If user2 deletes
something along the same tree the permissions prevent the creation of the
file in the recycle.  So I've turned off keeptree
- exclude does not seem to be working. I have tried the syntax below along
with
    recycle:exclude = /*.tmp/*.temp/   similar to what is used in veto
files.

samba 3.0.10
Any help appreciated.

vfs object = recycle
               recycle:versions = yes
               recycle:touch = yes
               recycle:keeptree = no
               recycle:exclude = *.tmp|*.temp

This has been working for me for quite some time now:

[E911home]
       comment = Lake Region 911 Group Folder
       path = /data/e911home
       read only = No
       create mask = 0776
       directory mask = 0775
       vfs objects = recycle
       recycle:repository = Recycle Bin/%U
       recycle:keeptree = Yes
       recycle:touch = Yes
       recycle:versions = Yes
       recycle:maxsize = 0
       recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.TMP *.bak *.BAK
       recycle:exclude_dir = /tmp '/Recycle Bin' /temp /TMP /TEMP
       recycle:noversions = *.doc *.DOC *.xls *.XLS *.sxw *.sxc *.bkf

You will have to manually create the "Recycle Bin" folder (directory) at
the root of each share, but not the individual user folder.  Samba creates
a separate (username) folder for each user.  If I had it to do over again,
I wouldn't put the space in the "Recycle Bin" folder name . . . it has
caused me to have to do alot of complicated scripting to purge the files
automatically.  But . . . live and learn. :)

Jim

Thanks for the example. Now I have confirmation on how it works and have gone back to my setup and found that touch is working correctly. Need to use "ls -l --time=atime". I also found that comma delimited works for the exclude files along with space delimited.

Thanks again.