HiHo!

urza wrote:
> Hi to all!
> I've been using samba for about six months: I've set up a file server,
> replacing a small windows 2000 server. I'm using samba 3.0.21c on a
> linux slackware 10.2. It is used to share two spreadsheet programs and
> file connected to them...
> Everything runs fine, except for a file, which is processed and saved
> several times in a day. After few weeks, this files got corrupted and is
> no longer available to the software which is using it (an heavy-modified
> spreadsheet): I need to replace it with a previous backup.

Sorry for asking but which spreadsheet software are you using? Did you
use exactly the same software on you old Windows 2000 server without any
problems?
I'm asking because I've experienced such problems quite often with MS
Office when using the "Tracing changes" functionality (Sorry, I only
know the menu entry of this function from the German version). Making
heavy changes in such a documents finally leads to a corrupted document...

Markus

--
Senior Executive - Systemadministration

Direct Phone: + 49 / 234 9787-57