Samba 3 does indeed use /etc/samba/smb.conf.

alan

On 7/7/06, Eric Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I recently upgraded from Samba 2 to 3.  I noticed that in the Samba By
Example documentation they refer to the smb.conf as being located in
/etc/samba.  In my version 2 implementation of Samba the smb.conf was
always located in /usr/local/samba/lib.  So does version 3 of Samba look
for smb.conf in /etc/samba by default now?

Thanks,
Eric