Ivan Gustin:
I get an error message "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done" on fresh clean Windows XP SP2 PC when I try to join it to Samba PDC.

For information to all who need solution to this problem: I solved it. :-)

I found the LJ article on http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6604, with solution in this paragraph:

"The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "MYDOMAIN": No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. This obscure error reportedly has been fixed by using lower-case names for the workstation name in /etc/passwd and smbpasswd and on the Windows XP client."

So, correcting character case in workstation names allows joining to Samba PDC.

HTH,
Ivan Gustin