On 8/9/06, S. J. van Harmelen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Strange enough it seems the other way around?! When I mount with
user_xattr support I get an 'store_inheritable_attributes
: Error permission denied' in my samba.log, and see that the default
acls aren't inherited.

So let's look at it from the local fs.  Can you locally getfattr/setfattr on
a file where you get this message when using samba?  Please try it as the
same user who is trying to set from the samba side...