simo wrote:
On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 19:06 +0200, Hansjörg Maurer wrote:

Just for clarification..
We have all users in both databases (nis  and AD)
with the same Username.
The unix system with the samba server only uses NIS (no nss/pam winbind).
as nameservice for users and groups.
With 3.0.21b and the setting below,
the owner of a file on the unix filesystem (USER1)
shows up in the windows security automatically as
DOM\USER1
Now with 3.0.23b is shown as the SID-RID String
The SID ist the SID of the Samba Server, the RID is 2 * uid + 1000
which is not the sid of the domainuser but the mapped SID of winbind...
Therfore the Security dialog cant resolve it.

Hansjörg,
I have been working recently around this kind of problems, can you send
me a level 10 log file of a session where you just connect to the server
and look up the users via the security tab?

Simo.

Simo,

I have been experiencing the exact same kind of symptoms with both 3.0.22 and 3.0.23a. I would be happy to use 3.0.23b and provide full debug output. Since I haven't collected alot of debug info from samba before, what settings to use and what particular log files you are interested in would be useful.

Thanks,
Neal