Greating Alexander,

And you can disable roaming profile on Microsoft professional client (I don't have try local profile with 9x clients). Open /MMC /and add the snap-in /Group Policy/.

Browse in /Local Computer Policy/ / /Computer Configuration/ / Administrative Template / /System // /Login and change //Only allow local user profiles/ value. For Windows 2000, you need SP3 and more install.

And run /secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy (W2K) or //gpupdate (XP)./

    Robert

Hi list
At the momtent I use samba as a pdc with tdbsam as passwd backend. I plan to use ldap and I already tried it out. Unfortunately I didn't find a way to disable roaming profiles. I used the smbldap tools.
First there is the question if I should use
add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
with the -a (is a Windows User) option.
If I don't, then windows account specific information like last passwd change isn't stored in the ldap backend.. Where are they stored then ?
Second, the main problem is that I can't remove entries like
Home Directory
HomeDir Drive
Logon Script
Profile Path
from the users. Neither by using srvtools nor ldap directly nor pdbedit.
Therefore I am forced to use all my accs as roaming profiles which I don't really want.
I  would appreciate any hints for solving this problem.
Thank you, Alex Kretschmer