timothy johnson wrote:
Oh, this is the error I get in windows:

Logon Failure: unknown user name or bad password.

But this same user can logon, and gets admin rights when they do logon.

On 12/1/06, timothy johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What does samba look for when a user trys to add a computer to the domain?
I have tried everything I can think of. Putting the user in different
groups, set the users primary group to different groups. Nothing has come of
this. I have every else in samba working right now, except printers, but
since I havent tried that, nor do I know how I can benefit from using samba
for printing. Anyways any help in the right direction would help.

Add this to smb.conf:

  enable privileges = yes

and then run this on every DC:

net rpc rights grant 'NTDOMAIN\myuser' SeMachineAccountPrivilege -U administrator

--beast