Dale Schroeder wrote:
Michael,

I believe Etch uses Samba 3.0.24.

Thanks Dale for the quick response.

That is correct, and also the version I have arrived at after several version
upgrades. This is the first server I have installed at this level of Samba.

There were changes in 3.0.23 that require "net groupmap add" rather than "net groupmap modify". initGrps.sh will have to be modified accordingly. See: http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/ChangeNotes.html

I hope that fixes things for you.
Good luck,

Dale

1) Running as root, I changed the script from "net groupmap modify" to "net groupmap
add".
2) I stopped Samba
3) I deleted the file /var/lib/samba/group_mapping.tdb
4) I started Samba
5) I exited root back to my normal account
6) I ran the command: net rpc rights grant LDS-DEMO\\ldsinst
SeMachineAccountPrivilege
and unfortunately it failed with the same error.

"So close..."

Thanks!

--
Michael Lueck