Marcello Romani wrote:
Berend Tober ha scritto:
The first time a Word or Excel file is opened, i.e., when either Word or Excel have not been actively running "recently" (like, say for several minutes or more), the time it takes to start the application and load the file seem inordinately long.

Once the first evolution is complete, files open more-or-less instantly ...

Part of this implementation involved "hedging my bets", meaning I left the Novell Netware Client software installed on all the desktop computers in case there was a major, unanticipated disaster and we had to resume legacy server operations. Once that client software is removed, the initial load performance problem ceases.