In the [global] section, try changing

   valid users = root

   valid users =

Dale

Personal Técnico wrote:
Hi!!

We are trying to configure a Debian Linux Server as Samba Server (Domain Controller) and a Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) as client. We have configured Windows into the Samba Domain (in other words, we have been able to agregate the machine into the domain), but when we restart Windows and try to login with a samba user (from linux server) (selecting the Domain), we received a message telling us that the domain is blocked or not available.

We send you our smb.conf file. Linux Samba Server is running in a Debian Etch, with version 3.0.24-6etch4

Thanks for you help!!