Doesn't sound like a Samba bug to be honest. Have you looked
into MS DFS bugs ?

What filesystem are you running this on ?

Jeremy.
.

This is running on FreeBSD 6.2 - UFS.

I never had the problem before upgrading to 3.0.25a and aside from the obligatory 'msdfs root = yes' change, my samba config is the same as before. I know it could just be coincidence - but the fact that someone else (Volker Kindermann) also appears to relate this issue to the 3.0.25a version does suggest to me that a Samba bug is at least likely.

I'm trawling the MS kb now regarding DFS anyway.. nothing looks relevant so far.. but I'll keep looking for some clues.

Cheers,
Julian