Hello!

You could either use an administrative account which is not a member of so many groups (causing the "packet too big" error), or use a more recent version of samba. In any version <= 3.0.22 the tcp fallback is not implemented during the kpasswd request. The krb5.conf kdc line is not taken into account at this place.

Greets,

Martin

Nejc Škoberne schrieb:
Hello,

I am trying to join a Samba 3.0.24 server into an ADS domain, which is
served by two Windows 2003 servers (let's say srv1.domain.local (192.168.1.1)
and srv2.domain.local (192.168.1.4)). I am running Samba on a FreeBSD 6.2
machine and I have established an OpenVPN connection to the ADS network
(tunneling). I have this in my resolv.conf:
[...]

However, when I try to "kinit", I get this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# kinit [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'s Password:
kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: Response too big for UDP, retry with TCP

[...]
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nejc

--
Martin Zielinski             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Software Development