0n Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 05:13:10PM -0700, Doug VanLeuven wrote:

    >I don't use FreeBSD, but it looks like the make first applies FreeBSD
    >patches against the main samba release.  What's failing is the patch
against
    >the very same file that you patched with "group_fix_patch.txt".  You need
    >look at "smbd/sec_ctx.c.rej" and see if what is failing is an attempt to
    >apply the very same patch a second time.

Got the patch to work. I was doing things in the wrong order :(
Group permissions via chown(1) actually work now! Yay! (At least the first 16).

One thing that I notice is that group permissions DONT work if I turn off
winbind user and group enumertaion. Which is bizarre.

Thanks for your assistance Doug!

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT
1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.